Auto Enrolment (Workplace Pensions)
All employers, even if they have only one member of staff, must now offer a workplace pension to employees, following changes made by the government via the Pensions Act 2008.
Employees who are a certain age and earn over a certain amount will need to be ‘automatically enrolled into an Auto Enrolment compliant pension scheme and make payments into this, and the employer may also have to contribute. This has to be done by the employers ‘staging date’ which is determined by their PAYE reference number.
Following the ‘staging date’, the employer then has to notify The Pensions Regulator of what it has done, and if they do not there could be penalties.
How can Ashgates help?
- We can set up and register a pension scheme that complies with Auto Enrolment legislation.
- Assist you with the assessment of employees and help organise the relevant correspondence to be sent to employees where necessary.
- Provide support when uploading the pension data to the pension provider.
- Complete the employers post staging legislative duties by submitting the Declaration of Compliance to the Pensions Regulator.
- If necessary, we can inform The Pensions Regulator that the company is exempt from Auto Enrolment duties.
For a free initial consultation call 01332 380691