We offer our clients practical and cost-effective advice on the full range of HR issues, helping to ensure your policies and procedures are both legally compliant and effective. For example, we can help you with:
- Drafting robust contracts of employment covering a wide range of working arrangements including home workers, job-share, annual hours contracts etc, as well as director's service agreements, casual worker agreements and self-employed contractor agreements, and advising to ensure that you have categorised your workers correctly
- Drafting employment handbooks and the full range of HR policies, tailored to suit your working environment and the size of your business
- Reviewing your HR forms and processes including recruitment, induction, leavers documentation etc and guiding you through these
- Assisting with grievances, performance management, disciplinary situations, dismissals including performance, conduct, ill-health dismissals
- Guiding you through a redundancy or restructure process to ensure that your selection criteria are fair and non-discriminatory, are fairly applied, that the correct consultation and dismissal processes are followed, and that all of the required paperwork and payments are processed correctly
- TUPE - assisting with due diligence reports, comparisons of terms and conditions and advice on the liabilities you may be taking on, and guiding you through the process
- Training of managers and staff on all of the above, or simply guidance and support with a particular situation, as and when you need this
- Assisting with the preparation of ET3s and guidance on the ACAS early conciliation and employment tribunal process
Email and phone advice
Our advice is friendly, pragmatic and professional. We always confirm any telephone advice with a follow-up email. We will also draft letters, review contracts and policies, and any other HR documentation.
Sometimes an onsite visit is the best option, particularly if the matter relates to a disciplinary or a grievance hearing, or for redundancy or restructuring situations.